I made tortilla soup last night. Bennett was in heaven. I was happy, too. I really like tortilla soup. Luke ate up and asked for "more pees". Alanna and Nathan, though, were the two grumpiest, crankiest kids ever. They whined and complained, attempted to negotiate, and threatened a hunger strike. The pressure was on because there were delicious brownies waiting for empty bowls (not really bowls, more like custard cups with 3 spoonfuls o soup). They had both resigned themselves to eating as slowly as possible when Alanna perked up and stated her clever idea. She purposed we all go for a 'long walk to let the soup cool down'. We asked Alanna why a walk during dinner would be a good idea. She shrugged, "I don't know". Then Nathan shot up and said, "I know. So, Goldilocks can come and eat our soup. Ya, let's go!" Alanna just smiled a devious smile.
30.4.09
Goldilocks . . . help!!!!!!!
I made tortilla soup last night. Bennett was in heaven. I was happy, too. I really like tortilla soup. Luke ate up and asked for "more pees". Alanna and Nathan, though, were the two grumpiest, crankiest kids ever. They whined and complained, attempted to negotiate, and threatened a hunger strike. The pressure was on because there were delicious brownies waiting for empty bowls (not really bowls, more like custard cups with 3 spoonfuls o soup). They had both resigned themselves to eating as slowly as possible when Alanna perked up and stated her clever idea. She purposed we all go for a 'long walk to let the soup cool down'. We asked Alanna why a walk during dinner would be a good idea. She shrugged, "I don't know". Then Nathan shot up and said, "I know. So, Goldilocks can come and eat our soup. Ya, let's go!" Alanna just smiled a devious smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is very clever of Alanna! Kids crack me up with their ideas.
That is hilarious! What a clever girl you have on your hands. Keep posting... I enjoy stalking your family!
i miss you guys & the kids so much. alanna is so funny.
Post a Comment