4.5.09

no Easter Bunny??


Umm, yes, I did the unthinkable, I told my kids 'the Easter Bunny is pretend.'  Oddly enough, they didn't care.  The first thing Alanna did was look at me very square and said 'then that means I can be the Easter Bunny!'  I also am going to break it to them that the other great and wonderful character (santa)is pretend.  Not to be mean, but I love the twist it put on Easter.  In our house the Easter Bunny is still this awesome character, much like all the other characters that bombard their lives.  But by making him pretend the kids let themselves be him.  It was awesome to see them each take their turn enjoying the excitement they gave each other by hiding eggs.  I am going to try to put the same spin on Christmas.  I hope it can play up the giving part of Christmas.  I still have enough time to pull out.  But right now I am feeling very confident, who knows.

No comments: