a little over 1 cp warm water
tiny scoop of honey
2 1/4 tsp yeast
into a bowl (kitchenaidesk). Let that get it on for a few minutes and then add
2 1/2 cps white flour (I use Natural Groceries flour)
1 tsp salt
drizzle of olive oil
turn mixer on and let knead for around 5 minutes. I check it and then adjust moisture. This is the key moment. If it's too dry it will end up, well, just ok. You want it to stick to the bottom but not the sides. If it is too wet I add a little more flour, maybe a tbsp at a time. If it is too dry, I add a splash of water, umm a splash at a time. Wetter is better than dryer. The moisture let's it crisp up without drying up inside. Let the machine knead it some more. All in all, 15-20 minutes (an awesome time to cut up veggies or make some sauce). Next, stick the dough in an oiled bowl to rise. I usually need a little oil on my hands to avoid stickage. 30 to 40 minutes to get bigger and then spread out on an oiled pan. Yummy it up with toppings and then into a 500 deg oven (hotter if you can get it). It should cook in 10-15 minutes depending on the temp. If you have a cast iron skillet or baking stone, put your oven rack on the bottom level and flip the skillet (or just use baking stone) over and put on the rack.
Let me know how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment