I am soo excited. With Bennett requesting the exile of white flour and sugar, I have been put into a panic. Sensing this, he went to his nutrition teacher and was given some awesome leads. The recipe is at the link below.
http://newhomeeconomics.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/recipe-best-whole-grain-pancakes/
I was a little hesitant but desperation can really be a motivator. I used dehydrated buttermilk and water the night before and did the buckwheat and wheat flour combo. In the morning the mix you make is pretty gooey. I substituted honey for sugar. It was a little challenging to spread it out on the skillet, but I figured it out. The kids loved 'em. They were light and fluffy. Luke tried to snake Alanna's pancake a couple of times. She refused to eat the berry topping but loved them plain. I have yet to buy maple syrup, didn't see the reason. I hate whole wheat pancakes so without this recipe I really wouldn't need it. I am stoked. Now I need to figure out choco. chip cookies and the exiled components are really important
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing...I'm going to try these. Your children are so adorable. I spent awhile today catching up. Good luck with your move :D
Post a Comment