14.2.10
Food
Way back in November I encouraged Bennett to take a 'Food and your weight' class. He has learned things in that class that are absolutely amazing to me and also a lot scary. He came home with this crazy idea of giving up white flour and sugar and I laughed . . . and then cried at his complete seriousness. Then I did what I normally do, research. I am so ashamed of the way I have looked at food and treated nutrition. I am lost. I cannot go back to eating the way we did but have no idea how to move forward. It might sound dramatic but I really don't mean it to. I found a link to a video that has me mulling things over. There is a story I have heard from an apostle (no idea on name). It's the seagull story. The seagulls forget how to hunt because they live off the people, I think. Then the people move on and because the seagulls never taught their young how to hunt, they starved. I think that is where we are at in life now and it motivates me to learn how to be more self reliant. Sorry for the down post. http://nourishlife.org/video_twinkie-vs-carrot.html?height=600&width=800
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment