25.8.10

Nathan and the big 5


Back in January, Nathan found a light saber at the Goodwill.  He begged and pleaded for it but I was sick and tired of toys (Christmas having just passed us by).  I made him a deal.  I would buy the light saber but he would not get it until his birthday.  I was sure he would say no.  But he agreed.  And he has waited, the WHOLE time.  Every once in awhile he has asked to look at it.  He never got to play with it but that was oddly ok with him.  I think I was more tempted to give it to him early than he was to have it early.  





Nathan had even convinced Luke that Luke should be Darth Vader while he would be Luke Skywalker.  Oddly enough, Luke didn't take much convincing.  Luke loves to play the villian!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

That is amazing! Nathan has learned a good lesson about delayed gratification. Good job!
Oh, and I love the cake ;)