12.10.10

sugarly heaven . . .

ok, so I grew up with these cookies and can't resist making them when the cool air rolls in.  (simple sugar cookies)

1/2 cp butter
1/2 cp shortening

cream butter and shortening until smooth

add 1 cp sugar and mix well

next . . . 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla

again with the mixing.

your supposed to do this next part in a separate bowl but I'm a bumb and don't like extra dishes.

Add 3 cps flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp b. powder.

I use a special flour so I usually use about 1/2 cp flour more.  You can tell after making them if that's what you need to do.  They puff up more if there's not enough flour.

There are two different ways to proceed.

'Bumb' me rolls them into balls and then smashes them with a measuring cup dipped in sugar (for the first one, it takes dipping a couple times.  The sugar only keeps the m. cup from sticking to cookies)

Bake 7-9 minutes 350 deg.

'super excited festive creative' me rolls them out and cuts out really fun shapes.

Bake 7-9 minutes 350 deg while being really excited the whole time.

Frosting is easy enough.  Butter cream.

My recipe is not really a recipe just approximations

stick o butter creamed.  pour a little milk in and then start adding powdered sugar.  A titch of vanilla.  and a little more milk.  then some more powdered sugar cause I added too much milk.  But that's ok cause all that mixing gives you an awesome texture for your frosting.

Two things that can mess you up.  overcooking.  They need to be just barely done.  The other would be too thin a cookie. Mmmm.  I think I am ready to go make some myself

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Sound delish! It's putting me in the mood to bake with the kids. I always think its a good idea until about 10 minutes in....