28.8.08
in another world . . .
So, I'm in California. Well, the whole family is in California. No death in the family, no crisis. Just a need for a break. Bennett and I got to talking about visiting his parents and it just kind of happened. We drove down on Tues/Wednes. The trip was as good as a 16 hr trip can be. Hey, I've been on a plane for 18 hrs with a screaming baby so this was a breeze comparitivly. I know, it's completely irresponsible but we looked at everything and everything will be fine so why not. We'll probably head back next Friday. Sorry for being so flaky about responding. Mandy, the bread recipe is at home. I'll send it to you when I get back! Promise!! The thing that made the bread most palatable was the fact that it wasn't really dense. I guess I am not very good at letting it rise so the cookbook gave instructions to turn your oven to 200 deg for 10 minutes and then turn it off and put the bread in there for a controlled environment. The punch it down and form it into a loaf and let it rise in the oven, again. They also said to use plastic wrap over the bowl rather than a towel. Also form the loaf and spray with oil and lay plastic wrap over it. I was worried about the heat of the oven meltin the plastic but it didn't. oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment