
Alanna finally liked my bread. This is a humongous accomplishment for me. HUMONGOUS. Ok, for those that don't know, when we moved from Georgia to Washington, we bought 850 lbs of wheat. Hey, food storage. I went to work trying to make bread from scratch. Hah. Come to find out white bread, not soo hard. It's wheat bread that is a pain in the rear. Alanna has been quick to say disgusting! and then I quickly inform her she has commited herself to a mouth full of it. I know she is just telling it like she tastes it but it's still not very nice. I have really become interested in the show America's Test Kitchen (and cookbook), both of which I have borrowed from the library (they partner with cooks illustrated) I have found some really good recipes and awesome technics/product recommendations. It finally occurred to me to try their bread recipe. My whole family was in bread heaven. Wheat bread heaven, from fresh ground, super healthy wheat. This may seem silly to most, but to me, a great puzzle has been solved and I am stoked!
3 comments:
Will you, pretty please, post the recipe?
yes - please post this recipe. the bread looks beautiful. i love all the updates. we miss you guys.
katie- can you please post this recipe or email it to me please. I'm looking for a different bread recipe - one that will please everyone in my house.
Post a Comment